Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Romas Ch 9

I had SIX friends join me this morning to read! Praise the Lord!

Major Chapter theme ... God is in charge. We may or may not understand, but it IS God who is in control. Why is that so easy to believe when things go well, but not so much when they don't? I know for me it is because if God can fix it, why doesn't He? We don't always know...especially here on this side.

Regarding Jacob and Esau... (Msg) "What God did in this case made it perfectly plain that His purpose is not a hit-or-miss thing dependent on what we do or don't do, but a sure thing determined by His decision, flowing steadily from His initiative." God had a plan for Jacob and Esau and US!...a perfect plan.

Again for the new Christian, or one struggling to accept Jesus, v 16 (NIV) "It does not therefore depend on man's desire, but on God's mercy." God's has mercy on us...we can never be good enough.

Finally, v 20 (Msg) "Who in the world do you think you are to second guess God? Do you for one moment suppose any of us knows enough to call God into question?" Nope.

Again, let me say this is just what God has laid on my heart, for me. I pray His word brings you comfort and joy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment