Monday, May 23, 2011

John - Worship

My Bible study group started reading John this past week. I am loving this book - it jumps right into Jesus and who he is, what he's about, and what he came here for! This morning from Chapter 4 in the Message, this really spoke to me:

(at approximately v 21)  "It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself - Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their true selves, in adoration. "
Is this how I worship God not only on Sunday, but every day? I need to post these verses in my home...

No comments:

Post a Comment