Monday, May 16, 2011

Philippians Ch 1

Philippians is my favorite book of the Bible. Paul has SO much to share!

Paul is so thankful for his friends, and is such an encourager to them from his jail cell! V 6 "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" has always been one of my faves and encouraging to me that God has a plan that is just for me! Also v.9 "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ" ...to love more and be more discerning. Can you imagine being pure and blameless until the day of Christ?

The rest of the chapter goes on and shows Paul's incredible attitude despite his circumstance. I can only imagine what I would be saying..."God, look what I am doing for you, and you are letting this happen to ME?" Not.

Finally, v 27 "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ"...I need to pray this every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment