Friday, May 6, 2011

Romans Ch 12 - A Living Sacrifice

It starts at the very beginning for me. V 1 - "offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God" - I would love to walk around offering all I have in God's name. I get so emotionally and physically spent, which is the human side of me. But I need to be praying for abilities beyond myself to love those around me as God does - being whatever He asks me to be.

V 2 - "but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" - that is what I am trying to do!!! I have always read this verse knowing I needed to be spending more time with God to allow Him to put my focus on Him! I finally feel as if He is for the first time being given the opportunity to renew my mind - and it is awesome.

V 9-21 are instructions for how to live. I particularly like how they read in the Message. These are great verses that I should read every morning when I rise to set my mind straight for living that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment