Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Philippians Ch 3 - Press On

This Chapter is awesome...Paul talks about how he lived so righteously and perfectly in the first half. He followed all the rules, believed in God, and had his act together. But he lacked the love of Jesus. He didn't believe in the only one who could save him. Living a perfect/righteous life does not get us in "good" with God or get us to heaven. Only believing in and loving the Son he sent to us can.

Vs 12-14 are some of my favorites in the Bible. "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." What verses...to think that God "took hold me of me" for a purpose! Oh, how I LONG to know the purpose for which Christ took hold of me. More than I can express to you. What did he put me here for? But, he does give me direction: Press on toward the goal...live for him and tell others about him, and he will reveal the rest to me in his time.

V 16 is one I have never really paid attention to before. I always get stuck in 12-14! But it says "Only let us live up to what we have already attained". I think that is saying to live up to what he has already revealed to us as followers. Don't backslide or live out less than he has shown us we are to be. Live up to what he has entrusted us with - his word and salvation! I pray I will be able to do that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment