Saturday, May 14, 2011

James Ch 4

Vs 1-6 speak to me about twisting or manipulating situations to get them to turn out my way. We don't ask God for help with the situation because we know our motives are wrong...but we want our way anyway. What God gives is so much better.

Vs 7-8 (Msg) "So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life." Wow, Quit dabbling in sin... This one time won't hurt, right? I think that is dabbling. It's the sins that don't seem so big or bad that satan uses to separate us from God.

Finally v 17 really brings it home. "Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins." So omission is just as sinful commission. I pray my eyes will be open to see what he would have me do.

No comments:

Post a Comment