Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Philippians Ch 2 - Imitate Christ

Paul continues to tell us how the live like Christ.
V3&4 - "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, bu in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." Christ put all things before himself, and He calls us as.Christians to do the same. Very difficult

V 12-13 "...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." I need to work on my relationship w Christ every day! I'm trying, but know I fail often. How can I know what his good purpose in this life is for me if I am not spending time with him so he can talk to me?

Finally, V 14-15 "Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." Man, if it was a crooked and depraved generation back then, imagine what we would be called now. God calls us to stand out among the world and shine like stars...we are not to look like everything else, but something entirely different. I pray I will look different to someone who needs to see Jesus today.

No comments:

Post a Comment